Friday 2 November 2012

Prawntastic!


Play me an aria and I’ll give you a prawn,
Not just any prawn, a Kingly prawn.
Organic and sustainably sourced,
Deliciously simple with no need to be sauced!

This recipe is a clash of bells with the merriest sound; it is restaurant food at home, made easy. It is what you might eat on a boat floating along the beautiful backwaters of Kerala, and I assure you, it is very hard to get this recipe wrong.

The key ingredient, as my little ditty highlighted, are prawns. There are two kinds of prawns, cold-water prawns and warm-water prawns. My taste buds prefer the warm-water kind. I cannot highlight enough how important it is to buy organic ones, or those from a certified fishery.

They may be hard to come buy, though are seriously worth the search and expense. Prawns prepared in this way, will leave you wanting more. The lingering taste of spice and sea gives way to thoughts and ideas that welcome change and growth!

I promise!!!

I read this the other day and it brought comfort to me…

New Beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.

Lao Tzu

A lyric in Florence and the Machine’s “Shake it out” has a similar message,

It’s always darkest before the dawn.

I’ve been doing some deep sea diving of my own recently, metaphorically speaking! It’s funny, because it is without a doubt that the hardest times are the brightest too in a sense, I mean that the torch which gives insight, compassion, forgiveness, and gratitude is often given extra batteries to help the light/hope reach that bit further.

It’s Friday, and I have a special Feeling Food message for you…
I want to say, love the self, that is you!
Nurture the self, that is you!
Be kind to the self, that is you!
Forgive the self, that is you!
Forgive the other, who hurt the self, that is you!
Let go of the hurt, and heal the self that is you!

Be strong always beautiful friends, and I hope you enjoy the "secret elixir" that is, sea salad, with its potent mix of minerals, together with freshest prawns, one can't help but feel swimmingly fantastic! Prawntastic!!! Here’s to a lovely Fish Friday!

FFX

Spiced Prawns in Sea love


SERVES 2

Olive oil, 1tbsp
Cumin seeds, 1 tsp
Turmeric, ½ tsp
Chilli powder ½ tsp
Sea salad, 3 tbsp
Fresh Pure grey King Prawns, 250g
Lemon wedges to garnish

HEAT non-stick pan over a high heat.
POUR in the oil wait thirty seconds before adding the cumin seeds.
COOK until they begin to pop.
SPRINKLE over the turmeric and chilli powder.
SCATTER in prawns and cook until pink on both sides, roughly 3 minutes.
GARNISH with lemon and serve with simply boiled wild rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here and would love to know what you think? If there’s a dish or a type of food you’d like to see here, please do let me know. Your comments, notes, tweets always bring a smile to my face. Thanks very much for stopping by at Feeling Food:)